I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Emily's Southwest Pulled Chicken

My daughter-in-law is always showing me new things. She brought this chicken to our 'Ladies Night' gathering. It was an instant hit with all of us. I took it to work today and many requested the recipe. It is so easy I can just  tell them right on the spot, but at my age I might forget it by tomorrow. So for me and everyone else who requested it, here it is: (Unfortunately we ate it all so I will have pictures next time.)

Emily's Southwest Pulled Chicken

4 chicken breasts (I use the frozen ones from Costco so that would be 8 pieces of chicken)
1 large container Mango Peach Salsa (from Costco)
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans

Place chicken in a crock pot layered with the salsa. Cook for 5 or 6 hours on high or until done. Remove from pot, slice lengthwise against the grain and let cool slightly. Add corn and beans to salsa. When cool enough to work with, jerk the meat and return to the pot. Ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment