I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Oreo Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

While I was perusing through Pinterest I found this recipe from Kraft Foods which I thought would be a fun cupcake. I tried it but made a couple of changes. The littles (my grandchildren) and my husband loved them. I keep forgetting to get a picture so only this lopsided one was left but you get the general idea. The filling is a large amount so be generous when you scoop it onto the middle of your cupcake. So fun to find something new.


Oreo Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

1 package Devil's food Chocolate cake
1 small package instant chocolate  pudding
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup oil

8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 small container whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup sugar
12 Oreos, coarsely chopped

1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Cake: Place 1st 5 ingredients in mixer and mix for 2 full minutes, scraping sides as needed. Pour into 12 large muffin-cupcake tins that have been generously sprayed with a cooking oil like Pam. Approximately 1/2 cup batter each. Bake on 350 for 18 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from pans to cooling rake. When completely cool cut in half horizontally. Add filling.

While cake is cooking prepare filling and frosting.

Filling: Place cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and whip. Fold in whipped topping and then cookies. Using a medium sized ice cream scoop, scoop filling onto bottom half of cupcakes. When all the filling is divided between the cupcakes, spread filling to edges of cupcake bottom. Place cupcake top on top of filling and the frost.

Frosting: add cocoa to melted butter and mix. Add milk and vanilla, stir. Slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency. Frost cupcake but don't overdo it, they are already rich enough.

Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment