I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Swiss Days



Swiss Days is an Outdoor Boutique in Midway Utah. My daughter-in-law and I had a booth there together. We had such a fun, trying, hard, educational experience. I had a blast making 13 quilts and 8 doll quilts. If I had my choice I would be a full time quilt maker. Thanks to my excellent quilter for making each quilt extra special. The nest few posts will be examples of those quilts.


 This quilt was a show stopper. It is strips of car fabric . . .
 Boarded by black strips of fabric that I hand embroidered lines down the middle.
The middle sections are 3 different colors of fabric, still out of the same line.
 The thing that really made this quilt so adorable was the quilting.  In some rows the cars had clouds around them. In the above picture the quilting looked like building behind the cars.
Here you can see that the outside boarder was a combination of quilted cars and swirls. 

1 comment:

  1. We would love to have you at our show! www.saltmarketplace.com

    ReplyDelete