I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Buttered and Spiced Sweet Potato Bites

Buttered and Spiced SWEET POTATO BITES


I love sweet potato fries. Outback has fabulous sweet potato fries but there is a little rib place in the little town  just to the north of my city that beats them all. I think it is the combination of their fries and dipping sauce. Ummmmm. So I had been craving these fries when I came upon this recipe. I liked their idea but changed several things. Here is how I did it:

Buttered and Spiced Sweet Potato Bites

Ingredients:
  • 3 Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp white sugar

Peel and cut up the sweet potato.
Make the sauce by mixing the oil, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. (I did not use the nutmeg or ginger)

Don't worry if it looks like just a little bit. It will cover the potatoes just fine.

Spread out on a lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes. Turn over once during baking time.

 Combine the sugar and salt. As soon as the potatoes are removed from the oven sprinkle with the salt/sugar mixture.

Enjoy with your favorite fry sauce. Here is what I use for mine:

Sweet Potato Fry Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)



No comments:

Post a Comment