I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cornbread

I am very picky about the kind of cornbread that I like. I like it sweet, non-greasy and not to dense, not to fluffy. Sounds more like a personality. But this is not only my favorite cornbread, my extended family loves it as well. Every Halloween for the big extended family party I have to take a huge pan of it to go with Aunt Carla's Chili. Yum! It is a delicious combination especially with honey-butter melting all over the warm cornbread.


Diane's Cornbread

2 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups milk
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 pkg. vanilla pudding (optional)


 Combine first 5 ingredients, set aside.
 Mix next 3 ingredients. Beat well.
Add dry ingredients (including dry pudding if desired) to wet
ingredients and mix lightly with a fork. 
 Batter will still be lumpy.
Pour into a greased 9" x 13" pan. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. If making muffins, spray 2 12-cup muffin tins with a cooking spray like Pam. Scoop batter into cups using an ice cream scoop or just pour batter into cups until 2/3 full. Bake 375ºF for 13-15 minutes. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment