I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rocks - in -the Road cookies

I am not the world's greatest chocolate fan but I do love a moist warm brownie. Go figure. When I was a little girl making my Mom and Dad's chocolate chip cookies at home, I would always make the first batch without the chocolate chips just for me. I do love cookies however, so I thought a brownie tasting cookie would be great. I am still working with the scouts so when I serve these to the scouts they have to have an outdoorsy name. These cookies are quite flat and when I added the white chips (and later white and chocolate chips for everyone else) they looked like bumps so I called them Rocks-in-the-Road Cookies.

Rocks-in-the-Road Cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extgract
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt in another bowl. Slowly add to other ingredients. Mix well. Add chips until well distributed. Scoop with a small ice cream scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. These cookies spread so place cookie balls at least 2 inches apart. Bake at 350ยบ F for 8 minutes. The center will still be doughy. After removing cookie sheet from oven, leave cookies on sheet to finish cooking for 2 minutes. Carefully remove from pan and let cool completely. Avoid eating them all while the chips are still warm and melted. Save some for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment