I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hamp and Jean's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hamp and Jean's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies and has a favorite recipe. My parents really perfected their cookies. They are a little cakey and not chewy at all. My children say they are unlike any other cookie they have ever eaten. But I was raised on them so I of course think they are the best.


Recipe:

3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 small package chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts, opt

Cream eggs, sugars and shortening. Add 1 cup flour, soda, salt, baking powder, vanilla and mix well. Add remaining flour. Mix again. Add chips and nuts. Mix until combined.

Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet. For uniform cookies and easy scooping, use an ice cream scoop.

Bake for 10 minutes @ 375ºF. Cool on a rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment