I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Buttermilk Syrup

Growing up I don't ever remember buttermilk in our fridge. When I went up home to the family farm of my husband's family they had it to drink. When they went on trips they took buttermilk and crackers. Whenever we eat out my husband orders a glass of it. He always tells the waitress that all the fine restaurants serve buttermilk. It always surprises me how many have buttermilk in their fridges. Now I am using it more and more in recipes. This may be my favorite use of buttermilk.

Buttermilk Syrup

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Boil everything except the vanilla in a large pan for 7 minutes. It boils up so make sure you are using a very large pan Add vanilla. Serve warm over any breakfast item or fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment