I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Margaret and Larell's Taco Salad

It wouldn't be a family reunion if we didn't have Taco Salad. Margaret and Larell's family makes it everytime so no one else ever chooses it as their meal. It is fresh and light but if you want it heartier you just add more meat and beans.They serve it buffet style. My children think you can only put ranch on a salad but I like to try different dressings. Sometimes I stir up salsa in sour cream but Thousand Island Dressing all stirred into this salad is a surprisingly good combination.

Recipe

1 head lettuce, chopped
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, sliced
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 16-oz. small kidney beans or black beans
1 small can sliced olives
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 pound seasoned hamburger, cooked, drained and cooled (opt.)
Doritos chips, crushed and served on top of salad
Salsa (opt.)
Guacamole (opt.)

All ingredients can be mixed together and served immediately or the 1st 4 ingredients can be mixed together and the others dished separately. Hamburger can be seasoned with 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or salt while cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment