I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chicken Rice Salad

It's not often you find a great salad that is not macaroni, greens or potatoes. The orange juice marinade gives this salad a fun flavor and what isn't yummy after you add cashews. Sometimes I make little dollar sandwich buns to serve this salad on. Just use my bread recipe and make little rolls out of it.

2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
3 cups rice, cooked in chicken broth
1 can Mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup almonds, slivered, or 1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup celery finely chopped
Grapes
Mayonnaise
Marinate chicken in orange juice, vinegar and salt. Bake in marinade or
grill. Cut into small pieces. Add to remaining ingredients using enough
mayonnaise to slightly coat. Serve as a salad or a filling for croissants.

No comments:

Post a Comment