I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dump Spinach Salad

My sister loves this salad (with a few variations) because when you are in a hurry you can just dump everything out of a bag into a bowl and you are ready to go. The only thing you can't get past is chopping the onion but don't leave it out, it's too good.

Recipe: (Dump version in blue)

1 pkg baby spinach (2 pkgs spinach)
1/2 head lettuce, chopped (no lettuce)
1 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and broken into small pieces (or just buy a bag of real bacon pieces from Costco)
1 purple onion, diced
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 pound strawberries, sliced (blueberries or craisins)
1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
1 sm. pkg. slivered almonds or candied pecans

Dressing: (Brianna's Poppy Seed dressing)
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon grated onion
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Make dressing by combining all ingredients and chill. Toss salad
ingredients together just before serving. Pour chilled dressing over salad
and toss until all ingredients are coated with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment