I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Granola

Granola reminds me of people. It takes a whole lot of different and crazy things to make something so yummy and versatile. Just like people, it takes a whole lot of us with our different ways to make fun and interesting. My sister-in-law gave me a recipe which had a dozen ingredients and it was really good. But in my simple ways I kept only the essential ones that I usually have in my cupboards to make this recipe. 
 Recipe:

5 cups oats (you can use quick oats but don't regular ones are so much better for you.)
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup whole pecans
Place in a large bowl.
 Sauce:
1 cup honey (make sure it is very warm for easier mixing and stirring)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 t salt
1-2 Tablespoons vanilla
Whisk all together. Quickly pour over oat/nut mixture and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly coated.
 Pour into a cake pan and bake @ 250ºF for 1 1/2 hours stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool, stirring occasionally with spoon or fork to keep it from sticking together. Store in a covered container. Eat by the handful, in a bowl with milk and raisins, stirred into a cup of yogurt, sprinkled on top of a spinach-strawberry salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment