I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Linda's Shrimp Cocktail

Every year at the neighborhood Christmas Party we would anxiously await the arrival of Linda and her Shrimp Cocktail.The avocados and cilantro make it so unusual and delicious. Most of the time I double this recipe because I eat half of it myself.

Recipe:

1 pound shrimp, fresh or frozen and thawed
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, wedged
1-2 teaspoons hot sauce (Tabasco sauce)
2 avocados, peeled and cubed
lime wedges, wafer thin

Mix 1st seven ingredients well. Chill for 2 -4 hours. Add avocados and lime wedges just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment