I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Easy Chicken Salad

When your daughter gets married you want everything just perfect. I being the crazy person I am wanted to accomplish that by making everything myself, partly to make sure it was what we wanted and partly to save money. We wanted to serve chicken sandwiches but they needed to make up fast, have only a few ingredients and be delish. This recipe is what I came up with. I bought bags of shredded lettuce and made the gallons of dressing days ahead. Make sure to use the dry Hidden Valley Ranch mix unless, of course, your favorite Ranch is different than mine. Some people in my family tell me they have favorites that are not like mine but it's hard to imagine. :)

Recipe

1/2 head lettuce, shredded
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Mix above ingredients together. Serve on croissants. For best results use
Hidden Valley and not a substitute ranch dressing. Use the dry mix
combined with mayo and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment