I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Monkey Bread

Fun and delicious. That's all I have to say about this buttery bread. The fun part is watching someone take a bite of the crunchy buttery crust for the first time.

Before I could even take this picture someone had taken a couple of slices. But that is what happens when  sons come home from college.

Recipe

2 Tablespoons yeast (if using instant yeast skip the sponge portion of the instructions and simply add in the next step.)
6-8 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup oil
2 cubes butter (no substitutes)

Make sponge: 1/2 cup warm water, yeast, 2 cups flour. Let rise for 10 minutes.
Add to this mixture: 2 cups warm water, sugar, salt, eggs, oil. Mix well. Add up to 6 cups flour. Knead for 10-13   minutes. Let dough rise until double. Melt 1 cube butter in each of 2 bundt pans that have been sprayed with an oil spray like Pam. Divide dough in half. Roll dough 1/4" thick. Cut 25 pieces per pan using a Campbell-soup-size can, or use a rotary cutter to make 2-1/2"-3"
squares. Dip both sides of each piece in the butter as you stack them
vertically in bundt pans. Let rise to top of pans. Bake 400° for 20-25
minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment