I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream

Nothing reminds me of Summertime as a child like homemade ice cream. My family always made tuti fruti and my husband's always made vanilla.He grew up on a dairy farm so I can understand it. My children have also been raised on vanilla but it's because we always have a dutch oven dump cake to put the ice cream on top of. So good. I can taste it now.

Recipe

6 eggs, beaten
3 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons vanilla
4 cups cream, whipped
7 cups milk

Combine all ingredients. Pour into a 6 quart ice cream freezer. Churn according to freezer directions.

The trick is to have the ice cold enough to freeze the cream mixture as you are churning the air into it. Be sure to use enough rock salt and water to accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment