I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dutch Oven Potatoes - The Real Thing

The best thing about camping is the food. We love to cook with our Dutch Ovens. We are so crazy about it that we built a brick fire pit in our yard just for that. In fact my husband is famous for his potatoes. He does the cooking part but I usually buy the food, wash the food, cut-up the food, take the food out to the patio, etc. Maybe I should tell people I need some of the credit. No I think this is best so that he will keep cooking them for everyone.


Recipe:


1 pound bacon
4 onions - cubed
10 potatoes - washed and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
 
Heat a 12" deep Dutch oven using 18-20 briquettes bottom until oven is hot. Cut bacon into 1 inch slices, place in oven and fry until halfway browned. Add onions. Stir, then cover and cook until onions are translucent. Add potatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 60 minutes using 10-12 briquettes bottom and 12-14 briquettes top heat. Stir pot gently every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment