I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Breakfast Pizza or Cupcakes

This recipe is almost like a breakfast casserole and can be made ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator over night. It also makes fun breakfast cupcake. If you have artisan bread in your fridge this is a good way to use it up as well. The cupcakes are great for brunches and for breakfast on the go. Sometime I even have them for lunch on the go.

Recipe

2 cans buttermilk biscuits
1 pound Jimmy Dean Mild Sausage
1/2 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 eggs

Cover bottom of a 9x13 buttered dripper pan with flattened biscuits. Fry onion and sausage. Pour over biscuits. Layer cheese on meat mixture. Whisk eggs and pour over top of cheese. Bake 400ºF 15 minutes. Finish under broiler if centers are not completely cooked.

Cupcake variation:

Lightly spray bottoms of large cupcake tins. Cover bottom of each cup with a flattened biscuit.  Divide meat mixture evenly between the 10 muffin cups. Add cheese and eggs same. Bake 375ºF 15 minutes. Yield 10 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment