I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Kristie's Broccoli Cheese Soup


This soup is so fun when served in bread soup bowls. The cheese and bread combination is so fantastic that none of the bowl will be left when you are through eating.

3 qts. water
3 cubes chicken bouillon
1 large onion, diced
1 lb. broccoli, chopped
3 carrots, grated
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup flour
2 lbs. Velveeta cheese, cubed

In a large pan, simmer water, bouillon, onion, broccoli and carrots for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, combine butter and flour. Add this thickening to soup and stir thoroughly. Keep stirring while adding cheese. Be sure
to use medium heat to avoid scorching. Soup is ready when all cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment