I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cup Cakes

I am a peanut butter-aholic. I admit it. When I need a little something to help me through the afternoon I sneak a spoon out of the drawer, open the cupboard and pull out that little jar of smooth yum and dig out a large spoon full. That's right just plain peanut butter on a spoon. It's the best. One of my biggest decisions is whether to have honey or raspberry jam on my peanut butter sandwich. Here is my favorite frosting recipe and if you have to have something else with it I have included a chocolate chip cupcake recipe.

                                                 
Peanut Butter Frosting from Allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fluffy-peanut-butter-frosting/detail.aspx

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 Tablespoons milk or cream

Mix peanut butter, butter and 1 cup sugar. Add 2 tablespoons milk and remaining sugar. If it is too stuff add remaining milk and mix until fluffy.

 Here is a tip for getting the frosting into a frosting/decorator bag. 
 Using a large glass, place bag in glass and turn down top over outside of cup.

Using a large spatula, scoop frosting into the bag. Do not over fill. Remove filled bag from glass, add tip, roll down top and you are ready to go.
As a side note I have learned to wait to make the frosting until the cupcakes are out of the oven or sometimes I am out of frosting before I even frost the first cupcake.

Chocolate Chip CupCakes

1 Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Cake mix
1 sm package instant chocolate pudding
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 1/3 + 1/4 cups water

Add all ingredients to mixer. Beat 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat for another 2 minutes.
Spray cupcake tins or place liner in each cup. Be sure to spray pans generously paying extra attention to the bottom of the cups. Divide batter evenly into cupcake tins. Each large cupcake tin usually holds 1/2 cup of batter. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of batter if you want more chips than are already in the mix. Be daring and even try a few white chocolate chips. Bake 350ºF 18 minutes for large, unlined cupcakes, 22 for lined cup cakes, 13 minutes for regular unlined cupcakes. Remove from oven. Let cool 2 minutes. Remove from pan to rack. Let cool completely. Frost with Peanut Butter Frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment