I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

I needed a summer appetizer that had lots of fresh fruits. I found this recipe on All Recipes.com. I use whatever fresh fruit I have and use raspberry jam in the syrup. The tortilla chips are fun and easy. This is a fun activity to do with your grandchildren because it is so easy and delicious.

Salsa Recipe

2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces of raspberries or blueberries or peaches
1 pound strawberries, diced
2 Tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor

Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.

Cinnamon Chips Recipe

10 10inch flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. cut into wedges with pizza cutter and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet that is either covered with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Bake in oven 8 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment