I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Home-style Chicken Noodle Soup

When someone in my house is ill I know it's time to make this soup, the traditional way. Boil them bones good. But if it's me not feeling so good, I just have my husband by a rotisserie chicken and make it the fast way. Both are delicious and so good for you mentally and physically. But you don't have to be sick to enjoy it. Soup is always a good choice. This makes a big batch so I often take a quart of it to one of my neighbors. It's especially good when you have warms rolls to go with it. Always look for ways to have better relations with your neighbors you can never have too many friends.



Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup (traditional slow version)

1 whole chicken
2 cubes bouillon
2 qts. water
1 small onion, diced
1 pkg. Grandmas' Frozen Wide Noodles, slightly thawed
4 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
7 carrots, peeled and chunked
1 can green beans
Parsley

Boil chicken in water with bouillon and onion until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken from broth. Add noodles. Boil 1 hour. Remove meat from bones and cube meat. Add meat and veggies. Boil for 20-30 minutes.

Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup (Fast version):

1 Costco Rotisserie  chicken (or the store of your choice)
2 cubes bouillon
2 qts. water
2 tablespoons chopped dried onions
6 oz. dry homestyle noodles (I use the Country Pasta brand at Costco called Homemade Style Egg Pasta)
4 small potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
1 cup baby carrots
1 can green beans
Parsley

Bring water with bouillon and onion to a boil, add noodles cook for 30 minutes. Add veggies and cook 20 minutes more. While noodles and veggies are cooking remove bones from chicken and cube meat. Add meat and drippings to noodle/veggie mixture and boil for until noodles and veggies are soft. Add green beans and parsley when there a only a few minutes left to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment