I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Logan's Baptism Quilt

My oldest grandchild just got baptized. I wanted to make him a comforter and I had seen a perfect quilt for this years ago. I couldn't find the patterns so I had to just make it as best as I could remember. I asked him to tell me his favorite primary songs. I made a quilt square for each picture using fabric markers. For the squares with his hands I used fabric paint. The middle square with his name and date of baptism has pictures of things he likes right now.
 I machine quilted around the figures in the white squares. In the 4 patch squares is just quilted a large star.
















 I believe this is the Primary song from 2010
Logan has a younger sister and a little brother so this picture I found was almost perfect after I changed some hair lengths.

 This is the Primary song from 2011.

 This is the Logan temple.
 I pieced the back with the flannel leftovers from the front. I added a few little patches to make it look cute.

On the back you can see the stars from the 4 patch squares on the front and also in the upper right corner you can see my quilting around the word 'power' from one of the white square on the front.
This is how I quilted the boarder. I included a few stars in the stippling to coordinate with the middle of the quilt.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! You did such a great job! What a treasure for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a joy. And now my next grandchild is getting ready to be baptized next month so we are discussing what his favorite Primary songs are. So fun.

      Delete