I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crunchy Pumpkin Parfait


While I was still in the middle of my pumpkin craz this fall, I happened upon this recipe on Pinterest. I wanted to make it as soon as I got home. Well I am also in the mood to use up any leftovers I have so I made it a little different and a lot easier. And everyone in my house loved it. We ate the entire recipe while we sat around the counter deciding if we really loved it or just liked it. Such good times. Here is what I did. First I made some Pumpkin pudding:

Pumpkin pudding:

1/3 cup cornstarch

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch of salt
3 cups cold whole milk

3/4 cup canned  pumpkin puree

1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Measure cornstarch, sugar, spices and salt in a bowl and stir with a whisk to combine. Measure milk into a sauce pan. Turn heat to medium high. Stir in dry ingredients and whisk until mixture starts to boil and thicken. Add pumpkin and whisk until completely smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Let cool.


Now to assemble the parfait. I didn't have any granola so I found some granola-like cereal, Honey Bunches of Oats. I wanted it to be a little healthier than a normal dessert and since I had some vanilla yogurt that I needed to use up I quickly had my other 2 layers. When the pudding was cool I layered the pudding, then the yogurt, and topped with the cereal and repeated those three layers. So delicious. It was great for a dessert and breakfast the next morning was easy and yummy. I wouldn't suggest that these be made very far in advance as the cereal will go soggy.


No comments:

Post a Comment