I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ritz Breaded Chicken

Sometimes I remember things and I am sure, in fact positive, that I am remembering them correctly. Then I realize a little too late that I remembered wrong. When it's my husband telling me he thinks I am not remembering  correctly I am not happy with him. Then I assure him I am right. When it turns out that I am not right he doesn't usually say anything because he knows I already feel bad about it. This time when I thought I knew exactly what I was doing when I made this chicken. I was totally happy after eating it that I remembered wrong. I love Ritz crackers and I don't know why I didn't think of this before. The buttery flavor is so delicious that no seasonings are needed but they are fun to try. So the first time you make it leave the seasonings out and the 2nd time add something like savory or thyme to the Ritz crumbs. Anyway have fun eating my mistake.


Ritz Breaded Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (opt.)
1/2 teaspoon savory, or thyme (opt.)

If using large, thick chicken breasts, cut in half width wise so that they are a little thinner.  Place chicken in a bowl and drizzle butter over and stir to coat evenly.

Grind up the Ritz crackers to a nice crumb in a food processor. If using spices add them to the crumbs now.

Dip each piece of chicken into the crumbs and coat completely.

Layer the chicken in a single layer in a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Cover pan with foil and bake @ 400ºF for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken is golden and crispy.

I serve mine with Smashers and Chicken Gravy.

Chicken Gravy (Easy version)

2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1 14 ounce can cream of chicken soup
1/4 - 1/2 cup milk

Milk butter in a sauce pan on the stove top. Let butter brown slightly and add sour cream. Mix well. Add soup and enough milk to make a nice sauce. Not too thick and not too thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment