I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Bread and Muffins

Fall is in the air and so pumpkin is on my mind and taste buds. There are so many things I love to make with pumpkin. Desserts, breads, soups. WOW it is so great. So I am starting off with a recipe from a dear friend who is a fabulous cook. Thanks Carol. It's a good old standard pumpkin bread that I always make into muffins for breakfast. I love to add raisins and oatmeal to mine but the rest of my family loves chocolate chips in theirs. So sometimes I add oatmeal and chocolate chips to compromise. But you could probably have fun and add whatever sounds good to you. Enjoy.


Pumpkin Muffins



Pumpkin Bread

1 large (40 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs (beaten)
3 cups sugar
3 1/3 cups flour*
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1/2 teaspoon cloves (optional)
Nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, craisins, white chocolate chips, etc. (optional)

*For breakfast I use 2 3/4 cups flour and 1 scant cup oatmeal.

Mix all ingredients together until smooth (except the last ingredient i.e. nuts, raisins). Fold in nuts, raisins or whatever now. Pour into 3 greased loaf pans. Bake 350ºF for 50-60 minutes.

For muffins: Grease muffin tins. Use a medium size cookie scoop to fill cups. Bake 350ºF for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment