I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Bars

What would we do without our girl friends. One of mine gave me this recipe. These are probably my favorite thing made into a sheet cake. Moist, flavorful and delicious. Whenever we cater anything together these little yummies are always on the menu.
Pumpkin Bars
Pumpkin Bars

2 cups pumpkin
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups flour

Mix together pumpkin, sugar, eggs, oil. Combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Mix well. Pour into greased sheet cake pan (cookie sheet with sides). Bake 350ºF 17 - 20 minutes. Cool and frost with :

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk

Mix together until creamy. Spread over cooled pumpkin bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment