I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Waffles

I am posting this recipe again and with good reason. My son came home from college this weekend. It's always a wonderful treat for me so I wanted to make some treats for him. I made these yummy pumpkin waffles for breakfast because I'm still in my pumpkin craze. 


I thought it would be so special for him. When he came in the kitchen he inhaled deeply so he could get a really large dose of the yummy smell. When I presented him with the waffle he wanted to know where the chocolate chips were. He had made these last week but added chocolate chips to the batter. It shouldn't have surprised me that he would add chocolate chips after all I always had to add chocolate chips to his pumpkin muffins. What did surprised me was that he had actually taken the time to make them at his own apartment.


So the top picture is my waffle with lots of butter and the above picture is his with chocolate chips in the batter and then again on top. We both had Apple Cinnamon syrup. I was surprised that even with the large Ghirardelli Chocolate chips they didn't stick to the waffle iron. It seems like my children are always teaching me new things, even things that I thought I was pretty good at doing. Gotta love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment