I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chicken B-B-Q Salad

I should devote an entire section to cilantro. I love it! I used to hate it. I must have been crazy then because it use it in so many recipes now.
So now it is summer and I have cilantro out in the garden reminding me everyday how yummy it is. But who wants to cook in this heat. Salads are always on the menu and this is one of my easy favorites.
Start by purchasing a rotisserie chicken from your favorite grocery store like Walmart or Costco. Wash a head of romaine lettuce and while it is draining debone and shred the chicken. Open a can of corn and black beans. Cut the lettuce in bite size pieces and add whatever else you like to the salad. Now all you have to do is go out to the garden and pick some cilantro (or buy a bunch from the grocer).
For the dressing I make homemade ranch by using Hidden Valley Ranch mix and Best Foods Mayonnaise. Then you squeeze on a little b-b-q sauce and the only sauce at our house is Sweet Baby Ray's.
Yum. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment