I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Nine star, nine patch baby quilt

I love this quilt so much that I made it for another grandchild. You can see it here. This is the girl version. Very easy and fun to put together.

The stars are pieced, 9 pieces in all. I just drew a square the size I needed. Then I drew a star in that square. I divided the star/square into 9 sections. Once the sections were cut apart, a 1/4 inch seam allowance was added to each edge. Using plastic graph sheets makes this step easier and then you have nice templates for cutting out your fabrics.

The outside boarder is stripes. Mitering the corners is a little tricky but worth the extra effort.

The picot edging is made from all the star fabrics and adds a cute finish to the quilt.

All my Baby quilts are 40 x 60. I just can't seem to adjust to anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment