I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Becky's Banana Nut Bread

Another recipe from our dreamy collection. Our family loves bananas; all except for my husband. I eat one everyday. They are so good for you and yummy. We have many recipes for baked goods which include bananas. This is one of my top 2 recipes. My daughter found it and bakes it all the time but I still say it is one of my recipes.
.


Recipe:

3/4 cup butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients well. Pour into 2 greased bread pans. Sprinkle on cinnamon topping (recipe below). Bake 350ยบ F 1 hour. Shield top with foil last 15 minutes to prevent over browning.

Cinnamon topping

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine all well.




No comments:

Post a Comment