I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Charm packet quilt

This little baby quilt started out with a charm packet.


I wanted to make the quilt 40 x 60 inches so I needed to find some fabric to add a few more squares. I used the same fabric as the 2 boarders.




Scalloping the outside edge was tricky but a nice touch for this old-fashioned looking quilt.
I machine quilted the entire quilt with vines, leaves and flowers. This time I used flannel on the back making it so soft and warm. Now if I can just get her mother to let her use it and not hang it on the wall like the other quilt I made her.

No comments:

Post a Comment