I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy July 4th

I love America and every thing Americana. I have my downstairs family room in Americana and even though it's not really in 'vogue' now, I'm not changing it. Here is my center piece table cloth that I use during the month of July and sometimes all summer long (when I forget to change it):I simply drew 5 different kinds of hearts for 5 different squares. Then I went to my sewing room and pulled all the odds and ends of fabric that were compatible with an Americana theme and starting having fun. I drew the hearts on 'Wonder Under' (some people use 'Heat N Bond'). Then ironed them onto the backside of my fabrics. Cut them out and ironed them onto my squares in the designs you see on the table cloth. I then appliqued them on with my sewing machine using navy blue thread.
This is a close up of one of the edges that hangs over the table. If you would like to see the pattern just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment