I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Hamburger Buns

There is nothing better than an outdoor b-b-q in the summer. Even better is when friends and family just drop by and a party starts.
Several of my grandchildren can only whole wheat so I started making homemade whole wheat rolls. Turns out everyone loves the whole wheat ones better. So when quests drop by unexpected it's always fun to throw a b-b-q together without having to go to the store for buns.

Start with my regular bread recipe. Follow the directions until the step where the dough is patted out into a rectangle. Divide each of the 4 sections of dough into 12 equal parts. If you divide the section of dough into 4 equal parts and the pinch off 3 equal parts of that it may be easier to determine the correct size of your dough balls.


Let the dough balls rest on the pan for a few minutes. Then using your fingers press each ball into a circle.


Let dough rise until double. Bake on 350ยบ F for 13-18 minutes.
If you don't need 48 buns just start with maybe half of a batch. However these also make great sandwich buns. Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment