I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls


It doesn't matter what you are having for dinner, if you serve it with fresh hot bread it becomes a feast. Just the smell in the house makes even the grumpiest person perk up.

For these rolls start with my regular bread recipe. Follow directions up until the step where the dough is divided and patted into a rectangle. From here you pinch off the dough into the size of rolls that you want. For these rolls pictured below, I divided the dough (the quarter of the entire recipe) into 3rds and then each into 3rds, giving me 9 equal dough balls. Each ball weighed approx. 2.5 - 3 ozs. Place dough balls in a greased 8 x 8 pan.
Proceed as usual, letting dough rise until double.
Bake in a preheated oven @ 350ยบ F for 13 - 20 minutes depending on what size you make them.
An entire batch of bread would yield 3 dozen large dinner rolls.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am so glad I found your blog. Now you will be my "go-to" on the internet when I forget my cookbook. :)

    ReplyDelete