I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cheery Cherries



My daughter-in-law saw a quilt that was an Irish Chain with cherries in the middle and loved it. I had never made an appliqued quilt before and this would be a fun project to start with. So I drew this one up and hoped it was what she was wanting. She loved it so much that it hangs on the wall. I put it on E's bed one day just to see how it would look. But it is her qift and she can do with it what she wants.
I drew the quilt out on graph paper first. I wanted it to be 40 x 60 inches with 2 boarders. Here is what turned out.

The middle of the quilt is 5 squares by 6 squares. There are 2 different designs of the squares. This pieced square has 5 different fabrics. The center fabric is used in the outside boarder.


These squares are just transverse of each other but the same design. They are made from 3 green fabrics and 3 pink fabrics and appliqued onto the white square. I used 1 of the pink fabrics for the inside boarder.

I quilted around the cherries, stems and leaves. In the center of the pieced squares I quilted a flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment