I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I saw these pancakes on Pinterest that linked me to recipegirl.com for the recipe. I didn't read the recipe because I thought that I could just do it. I just used my own recipe for pancakes, made a brown sugar filling and a thin cream cheese frosting/glaze. So good and so fun. Be sure to wait until the pancakes are ready to flip before swirling on the filling. This helps the filling to stay on the bottom and it cooks crunchy and wonderful. 

Sorry no pictures of the finished product, they ate them too quick.

Filling:

1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all together while butter is still warm. Put in a plastic baggie. Snip a small hole in one of the corners. Just before turning pancakes squeeze a swirl of filling around the pancake. Flip and cook as usual. Be sure to spray the griddle generously so that the sugar won't stick.

Frosting:

4 Tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
milk to thin

Gradually stir the powdered sugar into the cream cheese. Add extract and enough milk to make it the consistancy of a thick syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment