I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pioneer Pancakes

In Utah we celebrate the arrival of the Pioneers in the middle of the Summer, July 24th. It's much better than celebrating Statehood Day in the dead of Winter on the 4th of January. When I grew up the whole entire community celebrated with parades and activities in the park. Not much happens where I live now so we decided to invite people over for some Pancakes and eggs. We tell them we will serve up all the pancakes and eggs they can eat. If they want something else with their breakfast they will have to bring it but we will cook it, stir it, fry it and serve it up for them. It is so fun to see what people bring to share. Mostly we just share a fun morning of visiting while we eat.
Recipe:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons oil

Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together wet ingredients. Stir both together. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot griddle. Flip when bubbles pop and edges slightly dry. Serve with butter and syrup. Buttermilk syrup is especially good. 

Pancakes and Egg Sandwhiches:

Cook 2 pancakes and fry 1 egg, easy over. Place egg between buttered pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment