I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Cucumber Snacks

If you have never had cucumbers on a sandwich you are missing out. These little appetizers highlight the yummy yeggie and are so easy to make but you do have to plan ahead. I use the Bucket Bread recipe from this blog made into baguettes for these but any baguette or small bread like a rye would work. I suppose even a large cracker would be yummy. But the spread does need to be made ahead of time for the seasonings to marinate with the cream cheese. Other than that they are Simple Simon to make. Be careful, they are very addicting.

Recipe:

8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
2 Tablespoons mayo or sour cream
1 Tablespoon Italian dressing dry mix
1/2 teaspoon dill
baguettes
cucumbers

Combine cream cheese, mayo, dressing mix and dill. Let sit in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight or up to a week. Slice bread and toast slightly. Spread on a small amount of cream cheese mixture, top with a slice of cucumber. Dill can be sprinkled on top of dill for added flavor and to look gourmet. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Here is the recipe for homemade baguettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment