I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Lasagna

I grew up in a little mining/railroad town. I think every nationality lived there. It was so fun to grow up with so many different cultures. We learned to enjoy so many different things and so I love all kinds of food just as long as there isn't too much heat in the spices. This is just a regular lasagna but add a few bread stix,  a beautiful salad and family and you have a feast.

Recipe:

Sauce:


6 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
1/2 tbsp. basil
1 tbsp. parsley
2 tbsp. onion flakes
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. sugar
1 pound hamburger, lean
1/4 pound sausage
9 lasagna noodles
Cottage cheese
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese, shredded

In a large saucepan simmer first 8 ingredients . Boil noodles according to package directions.

Fry the meats together and drain well. Do not add to the sauce yet.
Reserve one cup of sauce to dip bread stix in. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce in a dripper pan (9x13) and spread it around. Now add the meat to the sauce.
Place 3 noodles over the sauce and pour meat sauce on top of noodles.
Spoon cottage cheese down the middle of each noodle.
Add another layer of noodles and sauce. This time sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Add a third and final layer of noodles and sauce. On this layer make sure the sauce covers all of the noodles. Cover with as much mozzarella cheese as you like. I usually use about 8 ounces.
Cover with foil and bake on 325ºF for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown the cheese. If you are making bread stix make them while lasagna bakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment